JMAG-Express is the general naming of an interface that supports motor design.
It can be used according to function type and usage.
JMAG-Express Classic (previous JMAG Express)
JMAG-Express Classic calculates only the typical machine constant and quickly estimates various machine characteristics. The obtained design idea is sent to JMAG-Designer to proceed with basic design/detailed design such as evaluation of torque waveforms and magnetic flux density distribution.
In JMAG-Express 20.2, the JMAG-Express interface is implemented in JMAG-Designer. Not only machine constant, an evaluation item for concept design, but items required in basic design such as torque waveform, magnetic flux density distribution and demagnetization can now be evaluated. In addition, the study results can be used as they are in JMAG-Designer and you can proceed to detailed design.
JMAG-Express 20.2 Short Seminar
Registration for viewing JMAG technical information is required.
If you have not registered yet, please apply below.
Create an Account
Introducing Functions of JMAG-Express Ver.20.2
Integrated Tool for Motor Design
Seamless transition to JMAG-Designer
- Additional evaluation with JMAG-Designer can be started using pre-defined studies of each Express evaluation mode
- Speed-priority efficiency map calculation can be started only by setting the response value table.
- Optimization calculation including several modes like no-load / load and efficiency map study can be started by analysis group
- Geometry dimensions parameter and drive conditions such as current, and rotation speed are already registered as design variables.
- Use as it is as a design variable for optimization calculation, and add only the objective function
Creating Custom Templates (Working with Geometry Editor)
- Create user-original motor geometry template in cooperation with geometry library in Geometry Editor
JMAG-Express Function Comparison Chart
A comparison of JMAG-Express functions is shown in the following chart.
If a function you are currently using is not available in JMAG-Express 20.2, please continue to use JMAG-Express Classic (previous: JMAG-Express). Note, that JMAG-Express Classic’s functions are scheduled to be integrated sequentially into JMAG-Express 20.2.
|Name||JMAG-Express 20.2||JMAG-Express Classic
|Function type||Motor design support interface in JMAG-Designer||Motor design support tool|
・JMAG-Modeller Evaluation of characteristics
・JW_MAG_DPL (brushless motor)
・JW_MAG_FQ (induction motor)
|Pre-post processor, characteristics evaluation
|Usage||Concept design, basic design||Concept design|
|Link to JMAG-Designer||Continue use of JMAG-Designer’s project file.||File transfer|
|Application||Brushless motor (IPM)
Brushless motor (SPM)
Induction motor (three-phase)
*more to be added
|Brushless motor (IPM)
Brushless motor (SPM)
Induction motor (three-phase/single phase)
Switched reluctance motor (SRM)
Claw pole alternator
|Main evaluation items||Machine characteristics||Machine characteristics|
|N-T characteristics||N-T characteristics|
|Cogging torque waveform|
|Torque ripple waveform|
|Magnetic flux density distribution|
|Magnetic flux density waveform|
|Efficiency map||Efficiency map|
|*more to be added|
|Calculation time||A few seconds – tens of seconds (Depends on evaluation items)||A few seconds|