JMAG-Express is a tool to support motor design.
Template based, conceptual design can be carried out with it. It can also easily link with JMAG-Designer for detailed design.
It can export motor models (JMAG-RT models) at any stage, allowing SILS and HILS to be done.
Freely define geometry templates
- Templates for PMSMs, induction motors, brush motors, and universal motors have all been prepared.
- You can add geometries created in JMAG-Designer as templates.
- Use JMAG-Designer for brush motors and universal motors.
- You can search for model data by design parameters, output, and design date from a wealth of design proposals.
E.g. Searching for model data where the slot combination is 4 poles and 24 slots
– Search model data where the average torque is over 3 Nm
– Search model data that was calculated on May 25, 2012
- JMAG-Express will recommend a geometry and drive conditions if you simply enter the minimum output expected of the motor.
- Of course, you can also narrow down the geometry and drive conditions by entering more information.
An extensive material database
- JMAG-Express has approximately 730 types of characteristics data built-in, just like JMAG-Designer.
- Precise material designs are completed by selecting the material name.
- Geometry, materials, windings, and drive conditions can be entered as parameters, which enables characteristics evaluations.
- Multiple designs can be easily compared.
Running the analysis remotely
- You can use an external calculation server.
E.g. When there are a lot of analysis cases
Saving and reading setting parameter files
- You can save setting parameter files separately from geometry data.
- This should come in handy during system automations like linking with opimization softwares.
JMAG Function Videos
JMAG-Express Quick mode
JMAG-Express allows calculation of basic motor properties in one second.
Just by entering the geometry template, materials, winding, and drive conditions as parameters, you can obtain the induced voltage constant, torque constant, inductance properties, current vs. torque properties, revolution speed vs. torque properties, iron loss/copper loss properties, etc. in a split second. When the desired power (W) is specified, the size and comparative loading needed to achieve it are calculated automatically.
Quick Mode results screen
- Just enter the geometry template, materials, winding, and drive conditions as parameters.
- Revolution speed vs. torque properties, iron loss/copper loss properties, etc. are instantaneously displayed in a graph.
- Motor properties can be viewed in a machine constant table.
Machine Constant Table
Externally excited synchronous machine
|Wound-field AC synchronous machine||
From January 2019, JMAG-Express sales ended.
However, users with a contract are still be able to continue to use it.