JMAG-RT generates a high fidelity plant model. Since the model is still numerically based, it can solve very quickly. And since it is based on Finite Element Model results, it will not sacrifice accuracy to achieve this calculation speed. The JMAG-RT plant model can be used in system level simulations to provide a more accurate representation of the electromagnetic device. The JMAG-RT block can be used in Hardware in the Loop Simulations (HILS) which connect a physical Electronic Control Unit (ECU) to a virtual motor.
- Using a virtual device model in the HILS means that it is possible to test the ECU while the device is still under construction. This can reduce the amount of test time necessary on the actual test bench.
- Conceal information about geometries or materials so it can be shared between business companies.
- The JMAG-RT model captures device performance that includes non-linear effects, saturation, and space harmonics. This high fidelity model’s response is nearly identical to the actual device’s response.
Information accounted for in JMAG-RT
- The motor models used in system simulation utilize the conventional simple model (dq model) that generally disregards motor details. However, traditional dq models cannot describe modern-day high-performance motors.
- Although, FEA accurately simulates motor behavior unlike dq models, it requires a great deal of analysis time.
- JMAG-RT delivers a rapid system simulation accounting for motor characteristics “like finite element method”.
- Also, the level of detail can be increased by measuring actual machines, but doing so will reduce the value as Model Based Development. Being able to evaluate prior to obtaining an actual machine is highly significant from the perspective of simulation.
Above is a graph depicting inductance characteristics possessed by the JMAG-RT model. The inductance characteristics have current amplitude, current phase and mechanical angle dependency.
Current amplitude will change depending on the state of the motor load and as a result, the inductance value of both the current phase and mechanical angle will also change.
JMAG-RT is capable of simulating spatial and temporal inductance and torque variations.
By clicking the + mark, target analysis cases can be observed.
How to Obtain JMAG-RT Motor Models
RTT files are generated by JMAG-RT library manager during design simulation by JMAG.
RTT files are available from motor makers.
- JMAG-Express Online (Motor design tool, Free)
- Download from JMAG-RT model library
- Presenting actual measured values of a motor in tables 
How to Check JMAG-RT Motor Models
- The detail of generated JMAG-RT model can be confirmed.
- Induced voltage, mechanical angle-torque characteristics, advanced phase-torque characteristics
Can be confirmed in JMAG-RT library manager.
- Inductance map, velocity-torque characteristics, efficiency map
JMAG-RT Viewer displays motor specifications that the JMAG-RT model holds (number of poles, rated power etc.) as well as inductance map, velocity-torque characteristics, and efficiency.
RTT file of induction motors and N-T curve
Efficiency Map at 20 deg
Efficiency Map at 60 deg
JMAG-RT Supported System
SILS, MILS: System Level Simulator
HILS: Real Time Simulator
|DENSO TEN Limited.||CRAMAS||Japan|
|OPAL-RT Technologies Inc.||RT-LAB||Canada|
|DSP Technology Co.,Ltd icon-external-link||RTSim||Japan|
|A&D COMPANY, LIMITED icon-external-link||HELIOS||Japan|
|Concurrent Real-Time Inc.||–||USA|
*For more information about each company, see the Product Partners page.
*Product and service names mentioned or referenced in this paper are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.