We released JMAG-Designer Ver.14.1 in June, 2015.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments, or requests.
Key features in JMAG-Designer Ver.14.1
In JMAG Ver.14.1,
- Material properties due to punching can be incorporated, enabling analyses that can include even more real world phenomena.
Added material modeling accounting for residual strain and magnetic film, and enhanced multiphysics functions.
- Global optimization design is now possible.
A new optimization engine has been adopted by using Genetic Algorithms (GA).
- Environment for performing multiple case analyses accompanying optimization calculations has been streamlined.
Creating the JMAG distributed processing environment in the existing job management systems, such as LSF and PBS, is now possible.
- Usability improved even further.
Layout and operation of functions are being improved and new functions being added to the geometry editor, mesher, and post processing.
We hope you use the newest version of JMAG to perform even more efficient analyses for your needs.
- Improved usability during geometry generation by enhancing the menu structure and function operations.
Only usable buttons for the current editing mode or operation are displayed on the toolbar and right-click menu, allowing for fast, easy selection of tools. Furthermore, by incorporating the "apply" button, continuous processing can be performed, allowing for region creation and manual mesh generation with a minimal number of clicks.
- Function added to expand and shrink basic geometry and mesh models for the geometry editor.
The scale for geometry including many parts can also be freely changed by specifying the enlargement/reduction ratio in the XYZ direction.
- The healing function has been enhanced.
This function automatically corrects and removes gaps and interference between parts, very small faces, and edges which cause mesh generation failures. By specifying the tolerance during healing, the healing application range can be controlled
- Evaluation of output and iron loss accounting for the effects of residual strain that occur while punching electromagnetic steel sheets is now possible.
Mesh divided by region depending on the degree of effects can be generated from the cut by punching. Magnetic properties and iron loss properties accounting for pre-registered effects of residual strain are automatically assigned depending on the distance from the cut edge.
- Magnetic materials can now be specified to coil film.
Automatically generates exclusive mesh for the magnetic film region.
- Added material data of Kobe Steel, Hitachi Metals, and Arnold Corp.
Approximately 220 core materials, and 530 magnet material data are available.
- Jobs can now be directly incorporated into general-purpose job management systems (LSF, PBS etc.).
Passing on necessary information using the jproj file can reduce the time required to copy the file and also enables distributed processing of the mesh generation procedure. Furthermore, analysis groups of one-way coupling and two-way coupling can run distributed processing using this function.
- Now supports optimization calculation with a new GA. Optimization calculations of issues that have multimodality can be run from the optimization tool in JMAG.
Furthermore, Global Optimization Toolbox from MATLAB is now supported by improved interface with third-party maximization engines.
|Multiphysics / Interface
- The multipurpose file input/output tool now supports physical amount distribution map of movers such as rotors or full model map of axial reverse periodic models.
Simultaneously maps electromagnetic force of stators and rotors, and runs vibration analysis using them as the vibratory source.
- Strengthened the two-way coupled analysis function with Abaqus.
Subcycling coupling with the explicit method procedure allows large deformation analysis using therespective appropriate time intervals for JMAG and Abaqus.
- Added the frequency filter calculation function.
The time history of contour, vector and flux line can be displayed for frequencies specified with factors such as slot harmonic components.
Other than the above, functions are added and enhanced.
Please see the materials below for details.
Introducing to new functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.14.1 (SWF, 1,340KB)
JMAG-Designer Ver.14.1 Download Site and Sample Data
Sample data and easy to understand tutorials