JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0 was released in December 2020.
In JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0, analysis parameter views and the dashboard have been made even simpler to use. The solver and mesher have continued to be enhanced so that the analysis of large-scale models for high-accuracy evaluations can be performed with ease. Optimization with improvements in performance and support for coupled analysis can now be experienced by a wide multitude of users. A large amount of function enhancements is included for rotating machines, such as coil template enhancements, and accounting for the AC copper loss of efficiency maps (speed priority mode). We encourage all our users to make the most of this latest version of JMAG.
What is JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0 ?
Analysis Parameter View / Dashboard
Model geometry, circuits, and windings can all be confirmed within a single screen. Analyzing phenomena is now possible by arranging the physical quantities of causal relationships.
Clicking these items will display additional subsections with links to other detailed material, such as function tutorials, and more.
Users are encouraged to use of a variety of these resources.
The new functions and Features
For details, please see the following function introduction.
Introducing to new functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0 (PDF, 2.23MB) ( User authentication)
The latest version of JMAG modules are available.
In addition, version information, release notes, manuals, etc. can be used.
Video for Introducing the New Functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0 2021-01-27 New
A video complete with voice audio has been prepared to offer our users a better understanding of the new functions in JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0.
This is a lecture that can be attended via internet in your own time and for as many times as required.
Click the below to attend this lecture free of charge. (Must be registered with JMAG Technical Library)
Video for Introducing the New Functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0
- [JFT108] Creating a 3D Mesh Model from a 2D Mesh Model
- [JFT114] Correcting Efficiency Maps Using Scripts
- [JFT115] Recalculating Electromagnetic Force and Torque Waveforms
- [JFT116] Creating Rotating Machine Coil Geometry Accounting for Arbitrary Winding Methods
- [JFT117] Parametric Analysis Method for Motors Possessing Wire Geometry with the Number of Poles and Slots as Design Variables
- [JFT120] The Symmetric Hysteresis Loop Creation Function for Play Models
- [JFT121] Calculating Energy Consumption During Drive Cycle Using Efficiency Maps
- [JFT124] Searching for the Parameter Range Reducing Geometry Collapse During Optimization Calculations
These are created using the functions in JMAG-Designer Ver.20.0 and later.
Model data is included. Please feel free to use them.
- [JAC165] Creating IPM Motor Efficiency Maps
- [JAC274] SPM Motor Thermal Demagnetization Analysis Using Bonded NdFeB Magnets (Sample data only)
Introducing JMAG-Designer Ver.17.0 – Ver.20.0
Articles about JMAG-Designer that have been released previously are available.