Feb 2019 JMAG-Designer Ver.18.1 has been released.
This new version of JMAG-Designer will provide many new functions, with improved usability and calculation accuracy. Please enjoy taking full advantage of it.
Please notify JMAG support concerning unclear points, impressions, requests, etc.
What is JMAG-Designer Version 18.1 ?
Expand the application scope of the efficiency map function with the induction motors in speed priority mode.
Design concept exploration directly integrated in JMAG-Designer. Simplify the settings for your topology optimization with the new constraints allowing for the creation of NG-nets directly in JMAG-Designer.
Compare different PMSM machine topologies with different number of poles and slots in the same study. In Ver. 18.1, the application range of magnet pattern specification was extended to V-shaped magnets.
Speed up of high parallel solver
The solver of JMAG-Designer has been improved, and up to 512 parallel can be used.
Please refer to the following version update documents for details.
Clicking these items will display additional subsections with links to other detailed material, such as function tutorials, and more.
Users are encouraged to use of a variety of these resources.
For details, please see the following function introduction (PDF with user authentication).
Introducing to new functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.18.1 (icon-file PDF, 1.52MB)
JMAG-Designer Ver.18.1 Download Site and Document
- [JFT056] Method of Using Scripts for Outputting Teeth Excitation, Torque Ripple (2D)
- [JFT057] How to Run Topology Optimization
- [JFT068] Specifying Three-Phase Synchronous Motor dq Axis Current
- [JFT074] High Accuracy Electromagnetic Force Calculation with the Correction Method and Adaptive Mesh
- [JFT078] Stopping an Analysis Automatically After Reaching Steady-State
- [JFT079] Applying the Extended Slide Function to a Translation Motion Model
- [JFT081] Creating an Induction Motor Efficiency Map Using JMAG-Designer (Speed Priority Mode)
- [JFT083] Automating the Multi-Purpose File Export Tool with Command Lines
Addition of the JMAG Application Note
These are created using the functions in JMAG-Designer Ver.17.1 and later.
Model data is included. Please feel free to use them.
- 228 – Induction Motor Thermal Analysis
- 233 – Induction Heating Coil Optimization
- 246 – Analysis of Electromagnetic Force Acting Between a Coil and a Magnet
- 255 – Evaluating the N-T Curve of an IPM motor Using 3D Correction
Video for Introducing the New Functions of JMAG-Designer Ver.18.1
To be released at the end of July 2019
Introducing JMAG-Designer Ver.17.0 – Ver.18.1
Articles about JMAG-Designer that have been released previously are available.